Most eminent and reputed anorectal surgeon in Delhi Dr. Amita Jain says, anorectal conditions impact the anus and rectum. Fissures, fistulas, condyloma and hemorrhoids are among some of the common anorectal conditions. In certain cases, symptoms such as pain, itching, burning, bleeding, and swelling can gravely impact a patient's lifestyle.
Dr. Amita says although most conditions are benign, a careful analysis by an experienced specialist is vital to exclude anal cancer or other serious ailments.
Anorectal surgeon Dr. Amita Jain in Delhi has the expertise in the diagnosis and management of these disorders.
Diagnosing Anorectal Conditions
Anorectal surgeon Dr. Amita Jain says there are following ways to confirm or rule out the possibility of an anorectal disorder.
- • Anoscopy: A diagnostic process in which a small, tubular instrument having a light attached is used to see the last few inches of the rectum and anal canal.
- • Biopsy: A small piece of tissue is removed using this procedure for examination.
- • Colonoscopy: This process lets the doctor see the complete large intestine. A colonoscopy is quite similar to a flexible sigmoidoscopy, but normally, needs a more thorough bowel preparation and is carried under moderate sedation says Dr. Jain.
- • Digital Rectal Exam (DRE): Dr. Jain says it is a procedure that examines a patient’s lower rectum, lower belly and pelvis. This procedure further helps to detect cancer or other health issues such as prostate cancer in men.
- • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: It is a procedure in which a small, tubular instrument having a video camera is used to see the last few feet of the large intestine.
- • Ultrasound or MRI: Non-invasive imaging tests that display the structure and the function of our anal canal, sphincter muscles, and rectum.
Eminent surgeon Dr Amita Jain says, a fissure also referred to as anal fissure is a small cut or tear in the lining of the anus. This tear makes painful bowel movements besides itching, bleeding, and mostly a foul-smelling discharge.Read More
India’s top surgeon for painless piles surgery Dr Amita Jain has earned a reputation for highly impactful, minimally invasive, and technologically most equipped surgeon in India. Dr Jain is currently, India’s leading surgeon for painless piles treatments.Read More